Monday, December 05, 2016

Holiday Gift Guide for Artists #2

Bright Christmas, 12x16, Oil on Canvas, Sold

The painting above is, as of yesterday, fresh off the easel and delivered to the gallery in Edmonds, WA.  If only poinsettias were on the shelves earlier - I may have more poinsettia paintings available. But as it is, I may get one or two more done before the season is over and we will all be moving on to other things.  

But as to the title of this post, I thought I would mention some of my favorite art related books that might be considered for gift giving.

I understand this next one is really good but I still dont have it.  Kind of pricey:

This is a pretty good start for now.  I have others but these really stood out for me.  Granted, it's been a while since I've read some of them and I had some on my kindle which passed away about a year ago soooo...  That said, I've read a few of these more than once such as Hawthorne on Painting the Art Spirit and Creative Authenticity.  But they're all good.  

Happy Shopping and dont forget to click through from Ebates if you do that kind of thing. 


No comments: