Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Apple Study 1

Apple Study 1, 6x8, Oil on canvas, Click to Bid

Like many people in my area I was overwhelmed with apples again. I scanned the internet regularly for NON DESSERT apple recipes but when it was all said and done, I froze 12 gallons and dehydrated 13 gallons with a few extra gallons for my peeps. I need a larger dehydrator. Mine ran non stop for a month.

Still, I had a basket full in my studio with an idea for a painting but wrestled with the background color - as usual. :)

This painting was a first study with a dull green background to contrast the red in the apples. 
I also want to add that after it was 'done' I wasnt satisfied and realized the white jar was too strong and competed with the apples. That was an "Ah-Ha!" moment. I went back and repainted the jar adding more atmosphere which sent it back somewhat. I'm much happier with it now and I really learned something. Now you know why I call them 'studies'! :)

No comments: