Thursday, May 18, 2017

Study of Pansies and Brass on Green

 Study of Pansies and Brass on Green , 8x8 Oil on Canvas, Sold

I originally painted these pansies in a different vase. Every time I looked at it I felt that it lacked something. I took it back into the studio and edited in this brass pot. So much better. 

The lesson? That while the vase was greenish, it didnt relate well with the pansies and background. It was very blah which I thought would make the pansies pop. And it did but too much. They almost floated. This brass pot ties in well with both the pansies and background. The pansies still pop but their reflections on the brass help unify them. 

Thanks for looking! :)

1 comment:

essay best said...

Nice painting! It is good approach that you analyse your own work and know what is lacking in it. This helps to improve your mistakes and make it better.