Monday, March 19, 2018

Twiggs Studio * Red Tulips Original Oil Painting


I love red.  No secret there.  In fact, my home AND my barn have red and black accents.  So it 's no wonder that I go there in my studio often  enough.

A very long time ago, I was told that red, not black, was the color for SIN.  Whatever that means.  I dont know anything about the color of sin or much about the psychology of color at all except that red is is supposed to be threatening..  even aggressive.

If a soccer team had an all red uniform from jersey down to the socks - solid red- they could - in theory, have a powerful psychological affect.  Enough perhaps to overwhelm the opposing team.  In theory anyway.  According to a study I read.  Online.  So we know it 's true, right?  :)

But I like it anyway.  I like the lavenders in the shadows and the orangey yellow glows.  And I dont think this painting is in any way, shape or form threatening.  Maybe quietly confident.  It wont scream from a hallway.  It's not loud.  And despite the 9 clear tulips and a few ambiguous ones it's a long way from busy.

Do you have a spot in your home ( or office, or wherever )that needs a mood-setter?  What mood are you looking for ?  :)

No comments: