Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Up


8x8, oil on canvas

Painted, re-painted, photo'd, re-photo'd.  Sometimes a photo tells you as much as looking in a mirror but the mirror is much less of a hassle.  Still, this photo makes the whole painting look funky and, well, you'll just have to take my word for it that it just didn't photo well and I'm just not wanting to learn all the ins and outs of photography and Photoshop.  I like the painting a lot more than this image of it.  Ahh well, someday maybe I'll take the time to learn the idiosyncrasies of my camera.

I DID say I liked this painting but the truth is that in the reference picture it appears his head is tilted even more so upward.  I'm clearly a beginner at this but I'm hopeful I will see progress later on this year.  Onward and forward.  There are a lot of heads out there that need to be painted.

No comments: