Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Rose Study 3

Rose Study 3, 6x6, Oil on Canvas, SOLD

I feel like my roses are taking a new dimension now.  The more I study them the more I can get a better feel for their mechanics - which in turn takes some of the mystery and complexity out of them.

I'm continuing my study until I can either get a real grasp on these delicate beauties or simply get bored and have to move on.

I have to add that while my photo light box has helped tremendously I still struggle with some color issues.  The shadows appear a little dirty on my monitor and I could not, for the life of me correct that in photoshop elements.  On top of that, Blogger has a tendency to change my images as well.  I have a hard time keeping up with technical issues these days and sometimes just accept it as a force of nature I cant control.

No comments: