Monday, February 23, 2015

A Whole New Can O' Worms

Yellow Rose Study 1, 8x8, Oil on Canvas, Click to Bid

So it turns out that yellow roses are a whole new can of worms. At least for me. I believe that's because I lean towards strong values and that simply does not work for these little babies. Again, that is MY experience. 

I scraped several times re adjusting values and temperatures until I FINALLY unlocked the mystery to yellow... and then it was "Viola!" :) Well, maybe there's really no actual mystery but there WAS a " Voila!". 

It's an oddity that I never got frustrated. I just kept on going like the energizer bunny. Painting and scraping, painting and scraping... 

Every once in a while a painting will all but paint it'self but by and large, there's a push - pull thing happening in my studio. A little ugly before the pretty. But I'm pretty committed to pretty. :) Pretty much..

No comments: