Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Rose Study 6

Rose Study 6, 8x8, Oil on Canvas, SOLD

This painting was done twice. While trying to adjust my lamp I knocked my canvas right off my easel and it landed jelly side down on my studio carpet. I took a deep breath, and as I picked it up, I fumbled it and it again, landed jelly side down on the carpet. Another deep breath, carefully picked it up again and inspected it to see if it was a wiper or a fixer. Hmmm. 

Unbelievably, it was a fixer. About the only issue was some debris from the carpet but that meant new brushstrokes for each and every square inch. Oh well, what else was I going to do that day? 

1 comment:

Anne Wood said...

Lori, I did laugh but not in an unkind way. I am pleased your painting survived. You haven't mentioned the carpet's welfare though. I have many a mishap in my own studio. Keep on painting, I want to keep on looking. Kind regards, Anne