Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Out Burst

Out Burst, 8x10, Oil on Canvas, Click to Bid

So this is my second attempt at this set up. The first, done on an 8x8, is doomed to the back of the studio and will never see the light of day. I much prefer it on a more horizontal canvas. It seems to help the spray effect I was liking. 

All that aside, I am not sure how I feel about the brass pot. It could be I'm just not a hard metal kind of girl and that could be a problem because I really wanted to use it in a larger gallery painting that I had in mind. I'll do some more experimenting before diving into THAT one. :)

Side note on this painting: I must have shut off my brain early because I signed instead of initialed this study and I did NOT paint the sides of this canvas ( but I could if I was asked to...)

No comments: