Sunday, April 22, 2018

Good News & Thank You

Study of Pears, 8x8 Oil on Canvas, Etsy

NEW ETSY SHOP

Holy Smokes, what have I got myself into now?!  I already feel like there is not enough time in the day and now I've added a whole new platform to learn for selling my artwork on.  


Dont get me wrong I'm really excited to be on Etsy.  I signed up in 2008 and just let it sit there which was good because apparently they have made a lot of changes but I'm grandfathered into some of the "old ways".  Whatever.  It's all I can do to figure out some of the basics.  The Etsy hand book is like a rats nest of do's and dont's.  On top of that, they have forums and teams and groups and so on.  You can really get lost in there.   I can really get lost in there.

But I have several paintings listed and already made a sale which made my day.  Rather than pester my customers to leave reviews (beyond the thank you note), I am at their mercy to help me out in that area.  That is, if you are happy.  If not...  please get a hold of me so I can fix that.  I want happy, elated, WOW'd customers.  :)

After all, many of my customers purchase my artwork from an online image having never seen the painting in person and that is real trust.  I am grateful for that and wouldnt want to do anything to damage that trust.  


I think about it in the studio when I'm finishing a painting.  Again when I'm varnishing it.  And again when I'm backing and labeling it.  I think about how it will be received.  I'm ALWAYS thinking about whether I would hang it in my home or give it as a gift.  

SO --  For those of you who have purchased from me, thank you.  Thank you for trusting me.  Thank you for your kind words to me upon receipt of the artwork.  Thank you having faith in me.  It has molded me into the artist I am today.  To push myself to better prep work, better brush work, better palettes, better compositions for elegance.  Better artwork for your home (and mine).

Thank you for your patronage.  

Sincerely,
Lori    :)






No comments: